Saturday, June 26, 2010

The "L" Word

We've all kissed more frogs in our lives than we would care to admit- and I am certainly no exception to that rule. Stupid, disrespectful, overbearing, insensitive, too serious, too lazy, too mean, too nice, etc... I've met a bunch of duds. Met....and dated. There was the one who is now gay, the one who married his ex-girlfriend within a few weeks of us breaking up, the one who thought that JPMorgan (my place of employment at the time) was a clothing store, the one who just couldn't decide between myself and another girl, so he kept us both around as long as he could before we caught on to his shenanigans. My all time "favorite" was the one who had me over for BBQ and lived in squalor. While fixing a plate of the most random foods ever, he proceeded to smack my ass and tell me that that was how he knew I was from the Dotte. Looking back over my list of prior suitors, I am actually somewhat embarassed at some of the crap I put up with and either, a) didn't care, or b) was too naive to do anything about. Hows the saying go..."sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find the prince." And that I have. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, or six months from now... but for now, I am happy being in love and being with someone who loves me back, despite my many flaws, and who embraces those flaws as opposed to preying on them as a weakness. I feel like one hell of a lucky lady- and I hope I make him as happy as he makes me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment